Catalog Indexes & Covering Sire Paragraphs
Steps 1 - 2 on the Job Checklist should be completed before printing indexes
· To view your indexes, go to Actions/Catalog Indexes
· Indexes provided:
o Consignor Index
o Sire Index
o Dam Index
o Horse Index
o Covering Sires, Sires of Foals at Side, & Sires of Embryos selling with mares.
o Photo Gallery Pages
· NOTE: Consignor, Horse, Sire, & Dam Indexes will display on the QData Catalog App.
o Covering Sire and Gallery Index pages must be included in your Non-Horse pages PDF.
· Editing Indexes
o Open the index and click within the text
§ The text editor box will open
§ Click Close Editor after editing is done
· NOTE: Your text changes will NOT be saved or made anywhere else within the program. Changes are only saved globally when made on the horse’s worksheet.
o Print to PDF immediately after making changes (see below for Printing Indexes instructions). Changes made directly to the index page by hand will not be saved.
o To make large changes to the bulk of the text, use a PDF editing program, such as Adobe Acrobat DC, Nitro Pro or Cute PDF Professional.
§ Instructions for Adobe PDF:
· Open your saved PDF index
· Click Tools
· Click Edit PDF
· Use your mouse to click and drag over the section of text needing moved
· Once the text is outlined in a blue box, hover over the edge of the box until you see a 4-way arrow
· Drag the text to a new location
· Adding/Editing Covering Sire Paragraphs
o The Catalog Builder automatically produces covering sire paragraphs for AQHA covering sires, sires of foals at side, and sires of embryos selling at side.
§ It DOES NOT WRITE APHA or APHC paragraphs, which have to be written by the user.
o To edit an existing paragraph:
§ Select the stallion from the drop-down menu on the Catalog Indexes page
§ Click Open Selected
§ Save after making your changes
o To write Non-AQHA paragraphs
§ Click Add\Edit Non-QH Covering Sire
§ A text editor will open allowing you to type your own covering sire paragraph for Paints and Appaloosas.
§ Type the sire’s name in the “Enter Sire Name” field above the text editor
§ Save after creating your paragraph
· NOTE: We suggest using the existing AQHA paragraphs as a formatting reference for creating your own Non-AQHA paragraphs.
· Printing Indexes
o After opening and editing (if desired) your index, you are ready to print.
o Hit the CTRL + P keys on your keyboard to open the print window.
o In the settings on the left-hand side of the print window, make sure your settings are set to:
§ Destination: Save as PDF
§ Pages: All
§ Margins: Default (under More Settings)
§ Options: No boxes clicked (under More Settings)
o Once the settings are correct, click Save to save onto your computer.
§ This PDF is ready for your printer