Paints, Appaloosas and Other Non-Quarter Horses
· The Catalog Builder allows for inclusion and management of Non-Quarter Horse sale entries
o Includes QData Database research on Non-Quarter Horses
· CLONES: If you need to research a clone, please contact the QData office. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405) 262-3244. An additional hand-research fee will apply.
· Research NOT furnished (must be hand-entered):
o Non-Quarter Horse family trees (APHA, ApHC, TB, Unregistered, etc.)
o Non-Quarter Horse breed points and show achievement awards (ApHC ROM, APHA Champion, etc.)
o Thoroughbred racing information, unless results are from an official AQHA race
§ The system alerts the user when a sale horse’s parent or grandparent is a thoroughbred
o Non-Quarter Horse research links:
§ APHA Research: https://www.aphaonline.org/
§ ApHC Research: http://www.appaloosa.com/
§ Thoroughbred Research: http://www.equineline.com (use the Quarter Horse system)
· To add/edit page text on a Black Type non-Quarter horse:
o Right click on Edit Catalog Page screen and use popup to add sire, dams & foals.
· For example to add 1st dam, use “Add 1st Dam Header”
· Replace “HorseName” with 1st dams name and type in dam’s information.
· Replace “FoalName” with 1st dam’s best foal and type in foal’s information.
· Use “Add Horse” to add additional foals (choose indent tag)
§ Type additional foals as you wish them to appear.
§ Choose tag that applies to that foals relation to the dam.
§ i1 = dam’s foals
§ i2 = dam’s grandfoals
§ i3 = dam’s great grandfoals
o Repeat steps above for each dam you are adding to page.
· Be absolutely sure to choose the correct breed on parents of non-quarter horses and unregistered horses.
o If you leave the breed AQHA when it’s a paint, the wrong sire or dam will come into the catalog.
· All information on non-AQHA horses must be hand-entered
o Enter the registration number (if registered), horse name, and choose the breed from the drop-down menu
§ Type ONLY horse’s name in the Horse Name field.
o Enter the year foaled in a 4-digit format (Example: 2018)
o Complete the information on the Horse Info page, choosing the correct breed for the sire, dam and dam’s sire
§ Click Save Consignment Info.
§ Click on the Enter\Edit Family Tree button
· Hand-type the missing family tree information, choosing the correct breed on each name.
o Note: JC on APHA papers = TB or thoroughbred.
o If the horse’s breed is not listed (example: Shetland pony), select "Other" as the breed type.
· Double Registered AQHA/APHA
o QData/QData/AQHA will not be held responsible for knowing a horse is double-registered.
§ If double-registration has been discovered, it’s noted in the QData Database. Double-registered paints recorded in the QData Database default to the AQHA name, but APHA information recorded by QData will be included.
o If known, use the AQHA name and registration number and leave the breed code on the default AQHA setting
§ If AQHA name and registration number is entered, click the Find (AQHA Only) button
§ Do not add any suffix to the horse’s name, such as (APHA) or (P)
§ AQHA names should also be used on known double registered parents
o Note the double registration in the Notes box on the Consignor/Notes page
· Breeding Information
o You only need to complete the fields that apply to the sale horse.
o “If mare has embryos selling with her, complete this section” apples ONLY if the embryos are selling with the mare in a package
o Foal at side’s sex will appear on the page exactly as it is typed in the Foal Sex field.
o Enter Open or Not Bred status in the Catalog Notes
o The Catalog Builder automatically writes covering sire paragraphs for AQHA covering sires, foal-at-side sires, and embryo-at side sires.
§ Non-Quarter Horse paragraphs must be manually written for the Covering Sire Reference. See more information on the Editing and Printing an Index instructions page.
· Produce Tab (Black Type Pedigree Only). Produce will appear on the catalog page:
o List all non-AQHA foals
§ If the foal was conceived by embryo transfer, click the check-box at the far right.
Adding/Editing Covering Sire Paragraphs
· The Catalog Builder automatically produces covering sire paragraphs for AQHA covering sires, sires of foals at side, and sires of embryos selling at side.
o It DOES NOT WRITE APHA or APHC paragraphs, which have to be written by the user.
· To edit an existing paragraph:
o Select the stallion from the drop-down menu on the Catalog Indexes page
o Click Open Selected
o Save after making your changes
· To write Non-AQHA paragraphs
o Click Add\Edit Non-QH Covering Sire
o A text editor will open allowing you to type your own covering sire paragraph for Paints and Appaloosas.
o Type the sire’s name in the “Enter Sire Name” field above the text editor
o Save after creating your paragraph
§ NOTE: We suggest using the existing AQHA paragraphs as a formatting reference for creating your own Non-AQHA paragraphs.