Reference Sire Pages
Covering Sires & Reference Sires are different.
- Covering Sire paragraphs are not Reference Sire pages
- Covering Sire paragraphs are the program building a paragraph on EVERY covering sire (stallions that appear as a “BRED to” on a catalog page)
- Reference Sire pages are built on sires that the sale creator wishes to highlight and have a more in depth pedigree page on for the catalog
Steps for Reference Sires
The “Reference sires” section can be built on the Edit Current Sale Information page.
- If you aren't going to have Reference Sires, delete Reference Sire section
- Any stallions that are given a page as a Reference Sire must have "Reference Sire" selected as their session
Pick from pedigree type choices in drop down menu for Reference Sire pages.
Multiple Reference Sire sections can be added if more than one page type is desired.
- Name them differently (example: Ref Sire 1, Ref Sire 2)
When adding the reference sires to the sale, choose Reference Sire (or however you named it) from Session dropdown list.
In the Catalog Layout Editor, the top of these pages will say Reference Sire.
The “Reference Sire” section can be exported to .RTF just like sale horses, for graphic design, etc. along with the rest of the sale (see Reports & Exports Instructions).
- For now, Hip Number & “Consigned by” will need removed by hand from text
- The entire family tree can be removed here if no family tree is desired