The program creates a Main Session automatically and that is the default session. If you don't assign a session to a horse, it will go into the Main Session.
If your sale requires sessions, sessions can be created on the Edit Current Sale Information section. The sessions need a name, description, date and time, and you need to choose the pedigree type for that specific session.
If you don't want a main session, meaning you only want named sessions, delete the main session and remember to save your changes.
When adding horses, you will need to choose the appropriate session from the drop down menu on the Edit Horse Information page, or add the session name in the Session column of the Consignments Import Template if importing entries from a spreadsheet.
Note: If sessions are used, a sale session must be assigned to every sale horse in the sale horse management part of the program, so that when the sale is hip numbered, the horses are placed into the correct session.
Note: If sessions are being imported via spreadsheet, Sale Company IDs must be used on all Sale Horses.
Reference Sire Pages
Covering Sires & Reference Sires are different.
- Covering Sire paragraphs are not Reference Sire pages.
- Covering Sire paragraphs are the program building a paragraph on EVERY covering sire (stallions that appear as a “BRED to” on a catalog page).
- Reference Sire pages are built on sires that the sale creator wishes to highlight and have a more in depth pedigree page on for the catalog.
Steps for Reference Sires
The “Reference sires” section can be built on the Edit Current Sale Information page.
- If you aren't going to have Reference Sires, delete Reference Sire section.
- You have to enter the stallions you want reference sire pages on as a “session”
Pick from pedigree type choices in drop down menu for Reference Sire pages.
Multiple Reference Sire sections can be added if more than one page type is desired.
- Name them differently (example: Ref Sire 1, Ref Sire 2)
When adding the reference sires to the sale, choose Reference Sire (or however you named it) from Session dropdown list.
In the Catalog Layout Editor, the top of these pages will say Reference Sire.
The “Reference Sire” section can be exported to .RTF just like sale horses, for graphic design, etc. along with the rest of the sale.
- For now, Hip Number & “Consigned by” will need removed by hand from text.
- The entire family tree can be removed here if no family tree is desired.