Adding Consignments to a Sale
Consignments can be added by manually entering in each horse's information, or by importing them directly into the program from an Excel sheet. Navigate to the My Sales screen by clicking the My Sales button in the top menu. Confirm that the sale you wish to add consignments to is the sale appearing in the "Choose Sale" box on the My Sales page.
Note: After you have entered a consignment and Saved, your consignment's catalog page is automatically generated. On the My Sales page there is a column to the far right of the list that says In Que, Processing or Complete. When complete, you can edit the catalog page in the Edit Catalog Page screen.
Note: Please enter information in upper/lowercase while adding or editing catalog information, adding or importing consignments and typing family trees on non-Quarter Horses. This will allow names like “McDonald” to present correctly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you plan to import your final Hip Numbers and Sessions via spreadsheet after you have added or imported the horses, you must include a Sale Company ID. If you are manually adding horses, this field is located on the Add New Consignment page under the horse name field. If you are importing horses, this field is the first column, named Sale Company ID, on the provided template spreadsheet. You must have a Sale Company ID to import Hip Numbers or Sessions via spreadsheet.
Adding a New Consignment Manually
(Scroll further to find instructions on importing consignments via spreadsheet)
To manually add a new consignment, click the Add New Consignment button located at the bottom of the My Sales page. (If your browser doesn't show the Add New Consignment button, scroll down to the bottom of the page).
You can also add a new consignment from an already existing horse's Edit Horse Page by clicking on the Create New Entry button at the top right of the editing screen. This will allow you to manually input horses without the need to return to the My Sales page after each horse has been completed.
Tab 1 - Horse Info
This is where all the basic sale horse information is entered, including the family tree and registration information.
Manually adding an AQHA Horse - Manually adding an AQHA horse is simple and straight forward. Just enter the registration number and the horse name, then click the Find (AQHA Only) button. When Find (AQHA Only) is used, the system will automatically import date of birth, color, sex and family tree from the AQHA database. If the program does not find a name and number combination, that name and number combination does not exist in the AQHA database. Then click on the Save Consignment Info button at the top or bottom of the page.
Some information below will apply to adding an AQHA horse. See the Fields on the Edit Horse Page for detailed listings of what each field is for.
Manually adding a non-AQHA Horse - Unlike AQHA horses, all information on the horse must be hand entered. Enter the non-AQHA horse's registration number (if registered) and horse name, then choose the horse's breed from the drop-down menu. When you do this, a pop up will appear with the message "Complete the information about the horse on this page, click Save, then click on the Enter Family Tree button. Do not enter the family tree until you have completed the information on this page and saved." Please see the section below, Family Tree Editing, for detailed information.
Name Pending - On all Name Pending (i.e., papers sent in to the association for registration), be sure to include the dam name in the name field, Example: Pending/TRR Rockin. Name Pending will be on the page heading, but the program cannot have 2 horses with the same name (eg. Pending) on record. The dam's name is just for distinction for Catalog Builder.
If you have more than 1 Pending by the same dam, add an additional character after the word "Pending," Example: Pending A/TRR Rockin. Again, this is just for distinction in the program, the catalog page will read Name Pending or Papers in Association.
Unnamed - On all Unnamed (i.e., papers NOT sent in to the association for registration), be sure to include the dam name in the name field, Example: Unnamed/TRR Rockin. Unnamed will be on the page heading, but the program cannot have 2 horses with the same name (eg. Unnamed) on record. The dam's name is just for distinction for Catalog Builder.
If you have more than 1 Unnamed by the same dam, add an additional character after the word "Unnamed," Example: Unnamed A/TRR Rockin. Again, this is just for distinction in the program, the catalog page will read Unnamed.
Double Registered AQHA/APHA Horses - Use the AQHA name when you enter a double registered sale horse and leave the breed code on the default AQHA setting. RGP will not be held responsible for whether or not a horse is known to be double-registered. If double-registration has been discovered, it’s noted in the RGP Database. All double-registered paints recorded in the RGP Database default to the AQHA name.
Note: Remember to set the breed by choosing the appropriate breed from the drop-down menu. The breed defaults to AQHA.
Fields on the Horse Info page
- Reg Number - Enter the entry's registration number in numerical format, Example: 3863115. If unregistered, leave blank. Catalog Builder DOES accept "X" numbers on AQHA appendix registered sale horses.
- Horse Name - Enter the entry's registered name, if registered. Example: Wimpys Little Step. If unregistered, enter barn name. Do not enter in all caps.
- Find (AQHA Only) - After an AQHA entry's name and registration number have been entered, click this button to have the verified information on this horse be imported from the AQHA database.
- Enter\Edit Family Tree - On AQHA entry's that you used Find (AQHA Only) on, you can edit the capitalization of the family tree members that were imported. On all other entries, you must hand enter the full Family Tree information. If family tree members are not known, enter "Unknown" in those fields.
- Add Always Capped - This allows you to permanently capitalize initials in a horse's name. To add abbreviations to this list, 1. Click the Add Always Capped button, 2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, 3. Click on the last, empty line and type the characters you want to be always capped in ALL CAPS, 4. Press your enter key, 5. Click Save Screen, and 6. Click Save Consignment Info on Edit Horse Screen. Each capped phrase should be on its own line.
- Breed - If entry is not AQHA registered, choose appropriate entry breed from drop down list.
- Sale Company ID Number - Enter your horse-specific ID if you are using them. If you are Importing Hip Numbers or Sessions from a spreadsheet, each sale horse must have a Sale Company ID assigned to it.
- Hip Number - Hip numbers do not need to be entered at this time unless you have already set your sale order and do not wish to import them later or have the program generate hip numbers automatically (see more below).
- Session - You only need to set this option if your sale has sessions, and you have entered those sessions in the Basic Sale Information. Sessions can also be created and set, or imported from a spreadsheet at a later time (see more below).
- AQHA foal not Registered yet - Check this box if sale horse has 2 AQHA registered parents, but is simply not yet registered himself (see more below).
- Withdraw From Sale - This button allows the user to "Withdraw" a horse or permanently delete a horse from the sale (see more below).
- Send Catalog Page to Sale Preview - This box allows the user to send a single page to the Internet Sale Preview before the entire sale is built (see more below).
- Date of Birth - Enter the entry's birthdate information. If Find (AQHA Only) is used, this information will be generated.
- Sex - Enter the entry's sex. If Find (AQHA Only) is used, this information will be generated.
- Color - Enter the entry's color. If Find (AQHA Only) is used, this information will be generated.
- Add a different color - This button allows the user to add a specific/custom color to the color menu. Example: Sorrel with Spots
- Sire/Dam - Enter the sire/dam's registered name, choose breed from dropdown menu, and you have the option to verify registration number on AQHA sires/dams of non-AQHA entries. Do not enter breed suffixes in the Sire & Dam fields on non-AQHA horses. Catalog Builder will add those from the Breed designation dropdown choice.
- Dam's Sire - Enter the dam's sire's registered name and choose breed from dropdown menu if non-AQHA.
Enter Family Tree
Once you have saved all information on the Edit Horse Page, you can begin to enter the family tree of a non-AQHA entry. Enter the appropriate horse name and breed to each slot in the family tree. For the family tree to be displayed correctly on the catalog page, all horse names and breeds must be completed on the Enter Family Tree page. Don't leave blank spaces on the Enter Family Tree page. Please see the section below, Family Tree Editing, for detailed information.
Enter ONLY the horse name in the family tree slots, then choose the breed from the dropdown menu. Catalog Builder will add the appropriate breed suffix to the horse name, and will display all names correctly on your catalog page.
Breed Codes: The breed codes below are used in the Breed, Sire Breed, Dam Breed, and Dam Sire Breed (as well as Covering Sire, Foal-at-side Sire, EBM#1 Sire, EBM#2 Sire, and EBM# 3 boxes found on the Consignor\Notes tab). Changing to the correct breed is required to add non-AQHA entries. This ensures the proper information is displayed on the catalog page and indexes.
The above mentioned Breed Codes apply to the Family Tree as well. Choose the appropriate breed from the drop-down menu.
Hip Numbers - Hip numbers do not need to be entered at this time unless you have already set your sale order and do not wish to import them later or have the program generate hip numbers automatically. See the Hip Numbers instructions page for more information.
Session - You only need to set this option if your sale has sessions, and you have entered those sessions in the Basic Sale Information. Sessions can also be created and set, or imported from a spreadsheet at a later time as long as each entry is assigned a Sale Company ID. Note: If your sale has sessions, for the automated hip numbering program to work properly, each horse must be assigned a session.
Withdraw From Sale - Only used when a consignment is withdrawn from the sale. You will be prompted to make one of two choices: make a "Withdrawn" page for a horse that has already been Hip Numbered, or completely and permanently remove the catalog page and horse information if the horse does not have a Hip Number.
Send Catalog Page to Sale Preview - Check this box when this horse's catalog page is fully completed (horse info and catalog page editing is completely finished, page is ready for the public). This setting will include this horse's catalog page for viewing in the Internet Sale Preview. This can be done horse-by-horse or sale wide (on Edit Current Sale Information page).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not put anything in a horse name field except the horse’s name. If a horse is double-registered AQHA/APHA, make it a Quarter Horse and note the double registration in the Notes box on the Consignor/Notes page. Do not add any suffix to the horse’s name, such as (TB) or (APHA). Again, enter only the name, and click on the correct breed in the Breed box.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AQHA GELDINGS: For AQHA horses only and if you used the Find (AQHA Only) button, if a horse has not been reported to the AQHA as being gelded, he will import into the system as a stallion. Always stop and check the sex of every AQHA gelding and if a bona fide gelding is marked "Stallion" in the system, manually change it to Gelding. For breeds other than AQHA, the sex information will be hand entered. The above notice only applies to AQHA horses.
Note: On all Pending or Papers In Association entries, be sure to include the dam name in the name field, Example: Pending/TRR Rockin. Name Pending or Papers in Association will be on the page heading, but the program cannot have 2 horses with the same name (eg. Pending) on record. The dam's name is just for distinction for Catalog Builder.
If you have more than 1 Pending or Papers In Association by the same dam, add an additional character after the word "Pending" or "Association," Example: Pending A/TRR Rockin. Again, this is just for distinction in the program, the catalog page will read Name Pending or Papers in Association.
Tab 2 - Consignor/Notes
Use this tab to enter all the consignor information, notes and engagements, mare breeding status, foal selling at side (in a package with a mare), and embryo/recip selling in a package with a mare.
Consignor Information - Enter in the consignor's and agent's names, along with their email, mailing address, website addresses, and contact numbers, if desired.
Note: There are fields for both first and last names. In the event that the consignor or agent is a ranch or company name, enter the full name of the company in the last name fields, leaving the first name fields blank.
Catalog Notes - Use the Catalog Notes box to enter in any additional notes provided by the seller along with any engagements. These notes will print on the catalog page.
Company Notes - Use the Company Notes box for any in-office notes that do not get printed in the catalog, Example: "Changed breeding date to 3/25/2016 on 7/15/2016 per consignor email."
Breeding Information - If the consignment is an active broodmare, there are fields to enter recent foal and/or breeding information.
If in foal, include covering sire’s name, breed and last breeding date or pasture breeding dates.
If she is selling with a foal at her side, enter in the foal's sire’s name, breed, foaling date and the foal’s sex.
If a broodmare is selling with one or more Embryos in Recip Mares in a package, enter the sire’s name, sire's breed and date of conception for each embryo selling in a package with the mare. This does NOT apply to recip mares with an embryo in utero selling with a separate hip number.
Note: You can indicate if she sells open or was bred not to carry a foal in the Catalog Notes section.
Note: The Catalog Builder program automatically writes covering sire paragraphs for AQHA covering/FS/ET sires. All non-QH covering/FS/ET sire paragraphs will need to be manually written for the Covering Sire Reference. See more information on the Editing and Printing an Index instructions page.
Note: You only need to complete the fields that apply to your mare.
All information entered will automatcally appear on your sale page formatted correctly.
Tab 3 - Photos / Videos
A photo and/or video link of each sale horse can be featured on the Internet Sale Preview and on the RGP Catalog App. A Gallery Index of uploaded pictures is automatically generated by RGP Catalog Builder. This Gallery Index can be viewed by clicking on My Sales, then Actions on the left hand side, then Catalog Indexes, then Gallery Index.
To add a photo, click the Choose File button. A file browser window will pop-up and you can choose the consignment photo from files on your computer. After you click on the file, the file name will replace the “No file chosen” text next to the Choose File button. When you see the file name, click the Save Chosen Image button directly below the Choose File button, then click Save Consignment Info.
Note: The specifications for pictures are a minimum of 2048 wide at 70dpi and in JPG or PNG format. Maximum file size is 10 megabytes.
Once the file has successfully uploaded, the image will appear on this page. The photo will be automatically presented on the Internet Sale Preview. The photo will be shown on the RGP Catalog App once the sale is submitted and approved.
To add a video, the video must be uploaded by the consignor or sale company to a third-party provider such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. After that, copy and paste the video’s URL into the Video (Paste URL) field, then click Save Consignment Info.
Importing New Consignments from a Spread Sheet
To import new consignments from a spread sheet, click the Import Consignments button located on the My Sales screen under Actions. A pop-up will appear giving you the option to import your consignments. The import function requires the use of an Excel spreadsheet.
Note: A template is provided for your use at My Sales/Actions/Import Consignments. Simply copy and paste or type your information into the appropriate columns on the template.
- From the My Sales screen, click on Actions/Import Consignments, then download the import spreadsheet template.
- Fill in your consignment information. Information MUST be entered in upper/lower case, NOT all caps.
- After you have filled your import spreadsheet with data, confirmed the columns you are importing match the template's column names perfectly, and have saved your file, click on Choose File and find your spreadsheet on your hard drive.
- Click Upload Consignments and Process.
- The program will then process your consignments to enter and load them into the databse. (It will NOT overwrite existing Consignments)
- When upload is complete, any non-matching AQHA horses will be displayed on a list of horses that were NOT successfully imported. AQHA horses appearing on this list will need to have name spelling and/or reg. numbers verified and corrected on the spreadsheet, then these AQHA horses can be re-imported into your sale from the same, now corrected, spreadsheet.
Note: Changes to previously imported horses have to be made by hand on the Horse Info screen. Only new horses will be imported from your spread sheet.
Note: The order of the columns does not matter, but you must have the exact column names for a successful import.
Note: On all non-AQHA entries, the information will be automatically imported. It is up to the user to make sure that the information is correct. It is suggested to proof your spreadsheet before importing and proof your non-AQHA entries once they are in the system.
Note: On all Pending or Papers In Association, be sure to include the dam name in the name field, Example: Pending/TRR Rockin
If you have more than 1 Pending or Papers In Association by the same dam, add an additional character after the word "Pending" or "Association," Example: Pending A/TRR Rockin
Note: For Foaling Year, the year format entered will be the year format shown on the page. Please import the year in 4-digit format, Example: 2016
IMPORTANT NOTE: When importing from a spreadsheet, the information you enter will be the information displayed, Example: if you prefer Colt or Filly to be on the Catalog Page, do not enter Stallion or Mare on the spreadsheet to import. The information from the spreadsheet is exactly the information you will see on the page.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON BREED CODES: The breed codes below are used in the Breed, SireBreed, DamBreed, DamSireBreed, EBM#1 Sire, EBM#2 Sire, and EBM# 3 columns. This is required to import non-AQHA entries and highly suggested for AQHA entries. This ensures the proper information is displayed on the catalog page and indexes. Type the breed codes below exactly as listed so the program displays the right breed.
Family Tree Editing
The Edit Family Tree button is located on every horse's Horse Info screen. There are different implications for this section of the program depending on the breed and lineage of the horse consigned.
For AQHA registered horses, since the pedigree information is automatically populated by the Catalog Builder, the Edit Family Tree button is best used for correcting capitalization of horse names. If you need to correct the capitalization, simply cap the letters necessary and save your changes. Be sure to save on the Edit Family Tree screen and again on the Edit Horse screen once you return to that page.
For Non-AQHA consignments, the Edit Family Tree page has a much larger use. The family tree will need to be hand entered as the information will not be automatically populated. Enter the registered name and choose the correct breed from the drop down menu to complete the page. Each member of the family tree must be completed for proper formatting of the catalog page. If a family member is not known, enter Unknown into that slot on the tree.
Non-AQHA with an AQHA Sire or Dam
If a non-AQHA entry has an AQHA sire or dam, the Catalog Builder program can assist you in filling the family tree. Below is a step-by-step process of how to efficiently use the autofill option available.
Note: This option is only available on non-AQHA with an AQHA sire or dam. If the non-AQHA entry has an AQHA grandsire or granddam, the information on the family tree must be filled by hand.
1. Enter the horse information as usual on the Horse Info screen or by importing your consignments from a spreadsheet. Be sure to select the correct breed from the drop down menus of the sale horse, sire, dam and dam's sire.
2. Enter the AQHA parent's registration number on the sale horse's Horse Info screen in the appropriate field.
3. Once the catalog page has been built, revisit the Horse Info screen and click the Edit Family Tree button.
4. The AQHA parent's family tree should be automatically populated if the correct name and number were entered.
5. Click Save on the Edit Family Tree page and Save Consignment Info on the Edit Consignment page.
6. See Proofing Family Trees below for an efficient way of locating autofilled family trees that need to be saved.
Proofing Family Trees
To see which consignments have unfinished family trees, you can visit the Proofing Report section located under Actions on the My Sales page. This will give you a list of horses that are lacking information needed to complete their pages.
Saving the Consignments
Any information that you enter for the consignment will be lost unless you Save the Consignment. Just click the Save Consignment button on the top or bottom of the page.
Note: All information in all tabs will be lost if you fail to Save a consignment!